Monday, September 21, 2009

My Menu Plan Monday on Tuesday


Once again I am a day late but, better late than never. I am just glad I have a plan because this just helps me stick to my budget.

This week, and probably a few weeks to come, I am going to focus on weeding out my freezer. I need to make room for the holidays and all the wonderful baking the comes with it! I am already thinking about what I will make and what I can freeze. I have to start stocking up on items I know I will need. (I just stocked up on chocolate chips this week at King Soopers) So, I'm clearing out the freezer!

Monday night we had Hamburgers - these are from Schwan's and I frankly just want to get them out of my freezer! I made them into Guacamole Burgers, Yum!

Tuesday - Frozen Pizza - These are on sale this week at Albertson's so, I want to take advantage of cheap pizza this week. I don't have enough room in my freezer so we'll be eating a couple right away. Plus, this is one leftover my husband loves to take in his lunches. (ok, this doesn't help me "clear out the freezer"!)

Wednesday - Fish Stick and Mac n' Cheese - I got the fish sticks really cheap last week at Safeway so, I am ready to use them up and frankly get them out of my freezer! Wed. night I have to work late so, my daughter will be making this for us. She's 13 and need experience cooking and I think this is a good place to start.

Thursday - Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Homemade Apple Sauce - this was requested by my husband. He really never requests anything but I happen to ask and he had a "hankering" for Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes. I added on the apple sauce because I have some apples to use up. (side note: I am going be done cooking early, Grey's season premier is on!)

I am going to the Women of Faith Conference at the Pepsi Center with my sister and Mom on Friday night and Saturday until 4pm so, I will not be cooking, my daughter and husband are on their own. I have a feeling if there is going to be pizzas in the freezer they will not mind having them for the second time in one week.

Leftovers

Philly Cheese Steaks - I never made these last week, I am adding them back in this week. I have mini loaves free from Target a couple weeks ago and I am using some pot roast from the freezer to make these.


For more menu planning inspiration check out Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment