Monday, October 26, 2009

My Menu Plan for Oct. 28


I slacked off last week! I didn't stay on track and we splurged on a pizza on Friday night and Saturday night my daughter and I each ate a hot dog at Sam's Club (We don't have a membership to Sam's so I barrow my sister's card occasionally). Anyway, I'm adding two meals back in this week.

Also, I've decided to try not to spend much money this week on groceries. We overdid it on going out to eat this month (we been trying to go out only once a month) with my In-laws coming to town, my husband's birthday and a moment of weakness. I think it'll be good to see if I can stay out of the grocery stores for a week. We have a big stockpile and I've got this week's menu planned so, we'll be fine. I may pick up Milk or produce and I am going to get some more Pillsbury biscuits for Friday's meal. I know there will always be more sales! I do have to say I am $70 under budget ($400.00) for the month and I know we spent at least $70 going out to eat. I feel good about this. And, next month I am going to lower our budget to $325.00 for November. Let's see if I can do it. I know I can, I have a huge stockpile and I have been very aware of my grocery spending.

Update: Since I typed this post Sunday morning and now (Sunday evening) I have to tell you we now have a membership to Costco! Today is my husband's Birthday so we went out to a late lunch and afterwards he spontaneously decided to stop at Costco and get us a membership. I am not quite sure how I feel about it. I do know there is a new store opening in a couple days at Garden of the Gods and Nevada so that will be great but, I just told him that when our daughter and I walked around Sam's I looked at prices and I said I've able to get lower prices with coupons. We'll see, I do like some of the non-food items they have so I may like it. They even have some neat Christmas decorations out already.

Our lunches usually consist of leftovers!

Here is the plan for out dinners this week:

Monday - Beef 'n Beans with Cheesy Biscuits last week I called it "Something with ground beef!" because I couldn't remember the name of it. If I remember correctly I added corn one time when I made it. I think I'll do it again.

Tuesday - Tortellini Pasta with Italian Sausage I never made this last week so, I'm adding it back in. I'll make some Zucchini with Parmesan to go with it.

Wednesday - Mariachi Chicken - Yep you guessed it! It's from Fix, Freeze, Feast! I wasn't kidding when I said I said I went a little overboard on Chicken last week. I made this and stuck it in the freezer. I made a pepper mixture including red peppers, black olives and scallions and rolled it inside chicken breasts and froze. I will top it with a cream cheese and salsa topping and bake.

Thursday - Leftovers - I have made Thursday nights leftover night now for a while. I work every Tues. and Thurs. and like knowing it'll be easy if I work late.

Friday - Biscuit Pizzas I have some pepperoni in the freezer and biscuits to use so I thought I 'd give this a try.

Saturday is Halloween and my Parents are coming over for dinner - I am making Apple Stuffed Pork Roast that I was going to make while my In-laws were here but we ended up going out to dinner instead. I never defrosted this so I am glad I have an occasion to make it now (And, free up freezer space!).

Sunday - Tequila-Lime Chicken with Spanish Rice - this recipe is from Fix, Freeze, Feast once again. I have made this before and we really like it. It's a simple marinade for Chicken breasts including soy sauce, tequila, sweet and sour and garlic. In my opinion, the best part about these recipes is, I portion them out with exactly enough for our family. I think I put 3 or 4 breasts per freezer bag then pour the marinade over them.

For more menu planning inspiration check out Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment