Friday, September 17, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I made this for the first time with flour tortillas. I didn't follow my own rule of thumb; always make a recipe exactly as it says the first time. I will be using corn tortillas the next time I make this.

3 lbs. Chicken
1 cans of Cream of Mushrooms Soup
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 (4oz.) can diced Green Chilies
12 corn Tortillas, cut up
1 Onion, chopped
1 lb. Cheddar, shredded
butter

  • Cook chicken, de-bone and shred

  • Saute onion in butter

  • Add soups, broth and onion to shredded chicken and mix

  • Add chilies and cheese to chicken mixture

  • Line a greased 9x13 with 2/3 of the tortillas, spread half the chicken mixture then, layer the rest of the tortillas follow with remaining chicken mixture.

  • Bake 350 for 30min.

No comments:

Post a Comment