Friday, December 17, 2010

Polynesian Satay

This recipe is from my friend Anne

Polynesian Satay or Steak

Marinade
​¾ cup Soy Sauce
​½ cup Brown Sugar ( I have a friend who substitutes honey)
2 TbsCooking oil​
​½ tsp (or 1 minced clove) Garlic powder
​½ tsp Ginger powder

Steak​Enough marinade for say 2 to 4 large steaks
​(I use Flank, Sirloin, Ribeye, etc…whatever’s on sale)

Instructions
I make marinade the night before and soak steak overnight. Let the steak rest at room temp 20-30 minutes before grilling. Grill to about medium doneness, remove from grill and let rest. Meanwhile, I keep the marinade, put in saucepan and bring to a boil for at least 3 minutes. After steak has rested, slice in thin strips and pour warm sauce on sliced steak. Serve.

(Note the original recipe is for satay, which is steak that is sliced to 1/8 inch slices while still raw, marinated, put onto wooden skewers and then grilled. It’s great for parties, but too much work for a family dinner, so I adapted the recipe so we could make it more often.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment